Monday, February 7, 2011

SuperBowl Sunday

That’s good you were all home cozy warm and watched the superbowl in the big screen.

This whole week I was in the threesome with the the most cheerful misionero in the mission Elder Salazar and the most quiet non talkative person I've ever known in my life Elder Isaak. I tried my hardest to get him to talk to me but he wouldn’t, when you ask him questions he just stares at you for 5 minutes and then responds with a one word answer or says 'I dont know' it was hard and Salazar is already one of my favorites in the mission, he sometimes is too cheerful and smiling and being positive with people but it was great. I was able to learn from them both,

A huge cold front came in and almost killed me. It was extremely cold for 3 days and I barely made it through the nights. I slept with that big coat and a sweatshirt wrapped around my head. Some of the members and people said one morning it got down 2 degrees celcius, but the humidity is what makes you cold. It was rough, and the people down here cannot handle cold, the streets were cleared for this time.

They bumped me up a notch in the totem pole and now I got a new comp, his name is Elder Palestino, he’s from Sonora Mexico too. He has about 5 months in the mission, so were both young in the mission, but ready to get going to the work, I've been coming up with new ideas to work with the members to get things going again in barrio Tancol.

You all should look at the talk by Jeffery Holland on ww.mormon.org, its a video of him giving his testimony of the book of mormon and he holds in his hand the actually copy that Hyrum Smith and in Carthage Jail when they were martyred, you should all listen to his full talk, its very power full and blunt. I like it and I’m trying to be more direct bold but still loving.


The president of the area, president Johnson is coming in this week, were going to have zone conference with him and have firesides and stuff. I’m excited to hear some more stuff. Things are picking up in the church, prophecies are being fulfilled and we all need to get what we can in, in the time we have in this life so we can all be happy in the last day.

Time does fly, I read through the end of 2 Nefi and Jacob this week, and like Jacob says at the end of his testimony, the time has passed, and our lives too as if it were a dream. 7 months ago I was running around in West Weber, it all seems so foreign, it seems like this is the life, here, doing this and that its never going to end, but one day it will and I might cry. For that reason, in the meantime I’m going to have to get done what I can. To all bid ye farewell as I get back into the work this week
Os amo. sale pues.. bye

No comments:

Post a Comment