Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 11th - Mante

We had a pretty great Sunday in church yesterday, 7 investigators and two have dates for this weekend and the church was pretty full. The gospel principles teacher wasnt there again so I taught the class about faith and action tying in principles of Mateo 7:21-27 ish of the difference in between the two houses and Juan 15:10-14 or 13ish and participating in the atonement through our actions of obedience and doing what is asked of us. I've ben reading the new testament and Doctorine and Covenants and have really enjoyed the two hand in hand.

That's awesome about Maisie and her softball, that shes playing so much and having such great success, who would of known 5 or 7 years ago that she would have become so great, and have had developed talents like that. I think its an eternal principle that all should be aware of is our own personal potencial, like the talk of Elder Uchtdorf in the last conference, that with practice and with time is how one learns and becomes great, and something that I'm trying to learn is the virtue of patiently waiting for the success.

I have already learned that principle and the talk by Richard G Scott "the sustaining power of faith in times of uncertainty and testing he talks alot about that aspect that when we have faith in the Lord but things dont quite go our way it helps mold us and better our character and basically it makes us more Christlike and closer to Him. and actually what its done is taken away alot of my pride and made me feel more love for everyone. Just last night I was thinking about who I was 3 years ago, 2 years ago, 1 year ago and right now, and its crazy, my knowledge of the gospel, my attitudes, way of thinking and treating people has miraculously increased more closer to how our Saviour would want us to be. And I speak spanish and teach in spanish I really dont believe I would've wanted to be sent to any other place, I dont know if I could do it, well I could it would just take a year like it has.

Well they sprayed some numbing spray on my toe and cut it out, I almost could have done the same thing, and they didn't give me anything just suggested to put iodine on it so I did and its healing fine. it wasnt that cool. You all have a great time and should follow the counsel of leaders and have family home evenings and invite less actives and non members and have familiy prayers and everyone should be studying the scriptures, and if not, your not really following the plan God has prepared for us to be successfull and bulit on the Rock in all forms. and read the talk of the first presidencye message about ´´im comiteted´´ and think what that means to be commited to the gospel and DO the things that are required of us, this could be a family home evening lesson for today, idea given from me, bye¡!
Love Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment