We had a good week, Ive been reading in the Teachings of the Prophets: Joseph Smith and Ive liked it alot, I{ve been really focused lately, I've loved it.
I complete 17 months today, which means I have 7 months left to be a full time missionary, thats weird, I imagine that when I go home it will be like I never did leave the house, but not being the same person I was speaking spanish. Its weird to think that even 50 year old madres change and have improvement in their lives, let alone 20 year old niƱos.
Marcelino and Simona are progressing well, they almost have all their paper work worked out for their wedding, I dont think that they're going to recieve the elaborated wedding as of the one in WW3, but they´ll be married and later make and the eternal covenant of baptism with God, thats what counts. They´re so excited, This will be the best thing they've ever done in their lives, its going to be completely changed spiritually and socially and economically. Hilda was talking with them in church, and being new convert doesnt understand everything but has a good idea about the Gospel and she´s telling them now that they need to be baptised and go to the temple in a year to get married by the church so she can see como se casan en la Iglesia. I feel as if they are my children, we tell them to do things, read things, and they do it and they look at us as if we were their lighthouse in the dark sea that theyve been sailing. Hilda is bringing her son to church and wants him to be baptised, and he does as well , its just a question of geting the lessons in and he reads and goes to church.
We have the first Branch Missionaries that Tantoyuca has ever seen, and a few are really excited to work and to get things done, we're gaining confidence with the Branch Pres., hes been supporting our planes and actions and says hes going to help us out with the plan that we made for the converts and menos activos.
Im just scared that changes might take me away on monday, and I´m not going to see all the fruits of my labors, but if not, its fine, I´ll trust in God that it will all be for good and that the work will go on here in Tantoyuca if Im here or not.
love you all, read your scriptures and have a great week.
Elder Hobbs
No comments:
Post a Comment