Monday, November 14, 2011

November 9

Thats awesome about Fremont and Syracause, and on Friday at the U, I hope Jake is really excited and realizes that he is never going to play high school football again, we only get once in a lifetime opportunities every now and then, so he needs to play hard and get excited and excite everyone else, be an example and hit hard. We just went to have a meeting with the zone leaders this pass week and Elder Cook is a District leader in our zone so I got to see him again, Ive really enjoyed seeing him in the mission, he´s a great Elder. He likes to talk about the high school football and was commenting that if the two teams won, they would play each other. thats cool. And on Monday were going to see each other again in the zone conference so were going to have to use the gift of discernment and prophecy to figure out who won on Friday. haha.

That’s cool about Alex, I can’t imagine it that he is already going on a mission, time goes by fast and I guess we all get old, I feel old sometimes, and when I know or meet someone my age, I feel like an adult like I’m older and wiser its weird.

We have our miracle lady that is getting ready for her baptism this week. We have our investigator Hilda that lives 20 min outside of Tantoyuka, we meet with her in the church, and she is going to be baptized this weekend, God has worked with her I think than cualquier otro investigator. She already read the book of mormon after less than a month, and almost all of the guia de estudio de las escrituras and is giving us references and teaching her kids at home (we dont know them yet) and already has her own progressing investigator her son that is reading the book of mormon and saying prayers with her, and hes 19, and told us she would like her sons to be missionaries. I was worried she might not have been ready for this weekend because two citas fell in the transcurso of our teachings that we didn’t see her and kept her on track to be ready, but she always comes back twice as strong with less doubts and this time we had to teach tithing and word of wisdom and she had already read about it in the guia de estudio de las escrituras and accepted it. It is like God has indicated her to read certain parts of the book of mormon and she tells us the book teaches us about our own lives and we should applicate it so we can be blessed, we haven’t had to tell her,she tells us. She also has had lots of problems with bad spirits in her house and really bad experiences with it and was panicked one day about it and her progress of being baptized and we gave her a priesthood blessing and yesterday she shared with us that she didn’t hear the words I said but felt a peaceful power feeling and something that made her feel that we truly are sent from God and hasn’t had a problem since. Its almost so unbelieveable her progress and her experiences that I almost don’t believe it. She is so sincere and has had a really strong desire to be baptized since the day we put the fecha. its amazing what God can do with his children and that even though hundreds reject, he has his chosen and knows who and where they are. She amazes me and makes me want to be better. This experience is strengthening my testimony and I’m very grateful for this once in a lifetime opportunity to serve our Lord and to have been the missionary to help guide this lady and all the other people I’ve been able to teach and guide. I know that according to our obedience, love for people and use of practicing the principle of doing the small and simple things is how God will make miracles.
So what do you think about the Christmas package deal, that you send me cards instead?
Love you all read your scriptures, invite others to come unto Christ , serve others. and love all
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment