Marcelino and Simona got baptized on Saturday, Pres. Call was going to come, but his mother in law came down to visit them and she got sick and they couldnt travel with her, but everything worked out, my comp got to have his first chance to baptize someone and our good brother Rosendo baptized Marcelino. I've been modifying my philosophy about how to work the mission over the course of my mission and in my last area I started thinking that we should have the priesthood holders of the ward baptize the investigators to help them excersise their priesthood as well and so that the investigators create more friendship with them, so I've been looking to give those opportunities to members and we have a brother in the ward that was baptized last February and is really excited with the work and he helps us alot with lessons and investigators so weve been asking him to be the one to baptize the investigators and he just loves it, and stays excited. we call him "brother Rosendo" cause he calls us "brothers" instead of hermanos or elders. He is actually going to be our new ward missionary leader. our Pres. Rosas is helping us out alot in the branch.
Marcelino was interviewed the same day as his confirmacion to recieve the priesthood on Christmas day and our hna. Hilda that was baptized in November that read the bom in 3 weeks already read the gospel principles book and is reading doctrine and covenants and is going to be called the gospel principles teacher in the branch. I'm excited for them, they seem like really great converts and have great potencial to be good members of the church.
We might be eating Christmas eve with a ward family that invited us to come over and Christmas day is going to be about the same. Our church is going to be the whole block, were not going to slack off like some people in the states. We already had the mission christmas party and the branch christmas party they were both great, we had quite a few investigators in the branch party and I got a letter from Heston, one that Alan Thurber sent through dear elder, and Doug and Susan Hancock, and Saren, I loved reading them in the morning and Alan's made me cry, because I know its true.
Well I can't wait to talk to you all, I suggest that you make a list because I its going to be a fast 40 minutes. and the weather out here is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, it has maintained a pretty cold 80 degrees outside, but it might chill down a little bit in January.
Love you all, I hope that with all the love you have in your heart that you can share it with others and serve our Father and help His children come unto him.
Elder Hobbs
No comments:
Post a Comment