I didn't write yesterday because there was no internet the whole day. There wasnt cellphone signal or internet and so we didn't have time till now to get on and send a quikck letter out. Supposedly the military took out all communication yesterday, thats what the people said and they say they do it when there´s "something up¨" but whatever.
It was nice to talk, and I don't have a mexican accent, you all just have a heavier Hick accent than what I have now, but I still got it. It's the chili pepper, beans, and tortillas that make you that way, and I like it. I am going to go through withdrawls when I go home, to not eat everything with tortilla.
We had a two hour block at church on Sunday, our branch pres. is out of town for the holidays and the card from the first presidency never got into the hands of the counselers here and so they didn't know and after a few members convinced them between sacrament meeting and sunday school they accepted to end services earlier. Hilda is going to be the new gospel principles teacher, she read the BoM before her baptism and so far has read gospel principles book, and Doctrine and Coventants, Im so excited for her, she´ll do great, really what we need in the service is a willing heart and an open mind and thats what she´s got. Marcelino was confirmed with the aronic priesthood on Sunday as well, how neat, Heston and him are "priesthood blood brothers". Marcelino is doing great, he is really taking to heart the importance of being the father to his daughter and husband to his wife that God wants him to be, its inspiring , and his little wife Simona is just content with the change she has seen in him. Today they were with us in a lesson with other members and a guy thats having problems with drugs and his childeren and Marcelino bore a strong personal testimony about the gospel and parenthood and stuff like that and the guy loved it. and i loved it.
We got a new ward missionary leader thats excited and wants to work, were excited for him and the success were having in the ward and the help from it and the progress of these converts and some other things coming up. Awhile back the branch pres. thanked me for helping him out and told me I've had a lot of patience for him and he likes it and told me I have a "gift of asking" ( maybe its the gift of being a brown noser, but it works and hes helped us help out alot of people, so it works)
We just have to love everyone and be patient with them and look past their problems of errors and help them help theirselves and others, without love and charity, we are nothing.
love you all have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment