Wednesday, September 1, 2010

News from Mexico!

Hola para Mexico familia!!
Wow its different here. Of course you all could assume that, but its different than how different you think it should be! primero item of business, I've only ridin a few times now cuz our area is so big but I just wish all you could experience riding on the buses, its very interesting. Its a cross between how grandpa used to pull out of the fields with a load of hay crossed with a video game in real life and the air'boats skills. esta bien. It so fun riding them, the driver punches the gas hard, and whips around corners, literally does not wait for people to get on and off and just goes like a bat out of you know where... and its crammed packed with the people. Its funny i just laugh the whole time cuz its so scrappy. We have alot at home compared to this, basic things like drinkable running water, not mice, not cockRoaches, a clean house. So far the best way to describe it is simply scrappy. haha its fun. So dang hot too. Today is the first day i'm really out and about. The first day we got in at night, took some pics at some immigration place, ate dinner , did some get to know yous and off to bed. Next day was all orientation stuff, divied out compañeros and took the bus on a 4 hour trip to Victoria, the capital of the state. It was a good bus one of those big charter ones, but the ones that whip around town with no route are the fun ones. On the 4 hour bus ride i talked with some guy in mixed spanish-english we both spoke enough of one or the other to talk. he was going to montery, He said he was catolica and but had a mormon primo at first so i just decided to chat with him about whatever for the whole time on the ride to make him think missionaries are cool and not only out to get people(which we are haha) it took me most the time just talking with him about other stuff and then at the end I turned the topic into the gospel and how it could benefit him and gave him a libro de mormon that i had bought at the mtc, he accepted it and said he would read it to learn more about his cousins religion. I got his name and email and he's got my missionary one so I'm going to give it to the missionaries in Montery. my first missionary experience in the field!

Our jet to Tampico was small and clostrophobic, i think i got motion sickness after 9 weeks of mtc life not moving anywhere to going fast in an airplane killed me.
i just got fed by some familia in the barrio, i think we get fed every day at 2 oclock but don't know for sure its todavia my 2nd day or 3. Our house is scrappy as all get out, its above some business and the stairs to get there are more like ladders through a tunnel, we barely got our luggage up them last night. You know you can't expect a 5 star apartment in mexico, but ours is bad enought they might switch us somewhere else LOL its fun, i hate the ants that are everywhere and how grody the bathroom is but thats mexico, do what you can and what you cant get used to haha
My companero is a native from Ohaca, somewhere down south. Ya he doesn't speak much english but its good. I thought my skillz were ok til I got here and they speak so fast. I just have to laugh how much i can relate to Grandpas testimony about landing in Denmark, wonderin what the heck I got my self into and what language they taught me. everything is funny and fun. a big eye opener pero esta bien my comp is great he's helped me with alot. there is another companion ship that has helped us get familiar with the area and one of them is from colorado and has helped explain how things go
and wow its hot, my comp that lives in a differnt part of mexico thats hot says this area is really hot haha

My president is cool, they're taking care of us
and our visas that they got us in the country with is the new program they{re starting, they're like temporary visas for 6 months until the really permant missionary visas come through i guess thats what one of the lideres said.
but ya its mexico scrappy, yet cool and fun
we taught the niños at the house we ate at, they are members, one of them is getting baptized soon and my comp wanted us to practise the first lesson with them so we did. those kids are so friendly they were all over us and trying to talk with me i felt inferior to 9 yr olds saying ''no entiende?'' haha Yep i dont know much spanish yet haha i stick out like sore thumb everyone gazes at us its awesome! my comp told me I'm really tall, I'm defintly alot bigger than the average mexican, but it probably won{t be long until i sweat 50 lbs off here and shrivel up, haha its good. I really think God has helped me overcome the dirtiness a little bit cuz theres no way I could force myself to sleep in that nasty bed and shower in the nasty shower. I just wish you all could see it's soo scrappy haha I love it
p days will be on mondays, but pres wanted us newbs to email parents asap to assure you that were okay. soo anyways ya, have fun at home, I'm in mexico trying to handle things haah its great. We go to the temple every other transfer on pdays i think , unless our zone wins the most baptisms, then we get to go for a freeby with the pres and wife.
okay, bye love you all be good

No comments:

Post a Comment