So you asked about the hurricane, I'm closer to Monterey than Veracruz, but ya its been raining alot lately. like alot. every day. its really wet.
Things are okay, I´m pretty used to Mexico. We get alot of first lessons in and sometimes the time that they say to come back they're not there or sometimes the tv is on and you can hear people in the house and they don't come out.
We´ve been on huge rations lately,, weve spent alot of money on investigators for buses and what not to get them to church and stuff and have had to use our food money for that stuff. It's all worth it in the end if end up bringing people to Christ.
I haven't eaten chips and salsa once, it would be nice. Most of the meals are rice, beans, maybe meat mixture if were lucky or potatoes on a plate and then a stack of tortillas and put the stuff in the tortillas in little buritos or roll up the tortillas and eat it weird, i dont know its about the same every day. Usually they have salsa which to them is like tobasco sauce , not any chunks of tomato, its either red or green sauce about as spicy as Betos or the taco venders in town and looks about the same and if the food looks funny I just cover it in the sauce so I don't taste anything but the hot sauce and I figure its so dang hot that it kills the bugs or whatever it is that make s you sick. Occasionally I'll have a coke to kill the bad stuff too. You just learn to eat as much as possible at the meals cuz theres not much at night to eat. i have 'A' bowl of cereal and cut up banana every morning then the comida at 2 and maybe an apple when were back at the house at night.
I'm baptizing an 11yr old tomorrow night, why Tuesday? I dont know the dad is weird. Their family is inactive the dad is a return missionary but really inactive. The kid lives with his grandma and she decided a while ago she wants her grandkids baptized and so the missionaries in the area before us worked with them, and we have as well since we´ve been here but now we get to reap the harvest.
Our investigators that have been the best, we´ve figured out a little better their concerns, we have 2 fechas for Oct 2... but one hasn't been to church so idk.
But ya, things are busy, its just another day in Mexico.
We live above a the business of a member in the upstairs of the building. It's a busy main road out in front with a beer station across the streets. Some nights things are loud over there but its just another day in the neighborgood. and there is a guy that lives next to the beer station that lived in the states for a while and knows english, not great but good and he likes to talk to me in english. Then the beer owner yells at us no entendi entendi hable en espanol.... haha
well have fun, good luck with football Heston and Jake, tear er' up
Love all
No comments:
Post a Comment