Well here we are again writing in an internet server in Mexico. This week seemed ok in some aspects , but our numbers are low. But I am not going to base our success on numbers. My new comp had had problems with his past companion, and at this point it seems that he likes the mission again. It appears that I have special duties that president wants to see changed concerning him. He´s got a good heart, and he’s a convert for about 2 years now, and one of those years is in the mission. But I’m excited, its like we started new, my comp doesn’t know alot of the members, or anyone actually so were starting new. We are getting along well and have a good outlook.
This week was the week of the Kings in Mexico. the Rosca. you can look it up later the tradisciions but long story short I owe tamales.... and by the way in Victoria between 24th of December and the new año I ate 54 tamales.....
There’s an investigator that is 15 and is named Owaldo, there´s some problems in his family that he had to live with his grandma, but she kicked him out of the house so his aunt and uncle took him in and they are members. Before I came in they had him talking to the missionaries but he didn’t want to follow them so his uncle told him something bad is going to happen if he rejects the gospel and then one day he was working on the roof of his uncles house and somehow hit the power lines above and got his life dang near electrocuted dead and instead of falling off and dying he fell some different way that saved his life... the missionaries went and blessed him and he came home this week and we met up and he wants to listen and be baptized now. He has a big old burn mark in his foot, maybe ill take pic one day and send it, and he cant travel very well because of his foot so he hangs out at the house all day and has read the book of mormon fairley well and he went to church so we’re thinking about baptising him this Saturday if he can.
This ward has had problems in the past with bishops offending the members and one that was chasin tail so there´s not alot of help at the ward ,, so theres a lot of work to do done here, the ward mission leader doest even go to church. I want to get ahold of this new 2010 church manual in spanish some how
....and tomoro were going in to the offices to pick up some supplies so hopeflully the package is there huh?
and I finished the triplet, BoM, D&C, and Pearl of Gran Precio so I’m reading the Libro de Mormon en espanol but ya life is good I’m doing well with everything... My house is a mansion compared to the last one I was at, its like an old Victorian small mexican redition home, the lady that owned it died like six months ago, but not in the house, and now the son rents it at the missionaries, and I’m pretty sure she was a Jehova Witness, there are two of their bibles and alot of others signs that point to that, one of them is what is commonly referred to as ´´ the green dragon´´. but its cool the house is nice and things are working out. So have fun, read the scriptures and visit the less actives, ask Levi what you could all do to help out the work in the ward,
No comments:
Post a Comment