The 15 yr old that was supposed to be baptized this weekend, the one that got his life electrocuted and his foot is burned up couldnt be baptized cuz he caught a bad case of chicken pox. yep, what an excuse. They went into the doctor and the doctor dre. says...nothing doctor dre´s dead (that frase doesnt mean anything relevant to the story, but if my friends are reading this, they´ll understand,(?) but the doc. says that he can't get wet so we´ll have to wait. This kid and his aunt and uncle have gone through so much lately with him and other stuff. But k chido that the uncle got called to be the ward mission leader, we have one now. The first meeting we had here with the bishopbric cuz there wasn't one, I asked who were the visiting teachers and the ward missionaries and stuff like that and mutual activivties and ward family home evenings and he replied theres none to all the questions. and then at church we presented ourselves in priesthood and said we want to work with them and that we want to do divisions with them (which we didn't know were ilgela in the mission until after) and then this past meeting we had, he told us that he's assigning some couples to be home teachers with the less actives and new ideas and then told us that I made him think about what they´re doing in the ward due to my insistance or something to that effect. so we´ll see what happens, huh!
We had interviews with President Call Tuesday, it went good. and what do you know, I received my packages and a few letters. I was very excited to see them all. The peanut butter, candy, usb memory and I got the package from grandpa hobbs, on the paper sheet said that there was a hat in the box but when I opened it there wasnt so maybe it got robbed. But make sure to telll them thanks and that I eat the candy while I study on those days that I'm tired to keep me awake.
Elder Villanueva is the only member in his family. his parents are divorced and the dad lives in Arizona and the mom in Mexico and he entered the church through friends and a girlfriend and after a year of going to mutal activitiees he talked to the missionaries, figured out the church is true, and a year later went on his misssion, story of his life something like that. When he told his mom he was going, she said OK if you think its right, I support you so everything is good with his family in that way. There´s another missionary in the mission that I know that he's the only member and when he told his mom she said no so a ward friend is supporting him and he hasn't talked to his mom for a year, he called the hosue and talked to brother and the mom wouldn't talk to him.
It rained this week and was really cold and it was the first time that I used the coat, it was nice, the week was rough with the weather and some other stuff but ya its all going fine here. That's great about the missionary work there in West Weber, they should push it more and baptise Eddy and his family. They should open up a spanish branch in our stake and all the mecxican return missionaries could work in the spanish ward to bring to pass moses 1:39 in Weber North Stake.
Have fun, fulfill your callings and study preach my gospel, its not just for missionsaries it helps everyone at every level in the church.
No comments:
Post a Comment