Monday, January 3, 2011

New year, New area, New companion!!

Well isn’t that lovely that you all stayed up for the new year, we stayed out pretty late, until 9:30 and went to bed but thats ok, the year before my comp told me that they had restrictions for the new year eve to be in the house at 7 because sometimes things can get a little out of hand here in Mexico, especially Victoria, but I didn’t hear too many gun shots in the streets new years, just saw the shells on the ground the next day, pero esta bien. But, guess what, after three changes with my trainer, and in the same area, I finally got the call to be changed. this elder winder had 3 weeks with elder castillo and he got changed... but they did have problems together and handled them like childeren which im glad i havent had to deal with. Now, here I am in Tampico, writing home to my family to avisarles that I’m no longer victorian, im in tampico. I loved Victoria, but I do have high hopes here. Bante is going to train another one in Victoria, we didn’t know this morning if its a group of gringos or mexicans, he just completed 13 months ayer in the mission. We had a good run.

People complain about the cold down here, that its really cold and that, but they dont know the half of it, im going to start saying that to them down here, que conocen la mitad de frio. they cry that its like ten above 0 celsius, i dont know what that transfers to but ya.

Yesterday I said bye to everyone and didn’t go home til late, really late.. people gave me little dinky regalos but I’m sure that their hearts were behind it all... my grandma Sara cried last night, and I almost did, but John Cena doesn’t cry. haha That family cooked me carne asada, and the other daughter that isn’t a member, gave my a necklace cross with the the virgin and a santo. haha

We road the bus into Tampico, it took 4 hours for some reason and it made me sick like the other times that I’ve ridden the buses for long trips. The house at which I am residing is a lot better, it appears to be an old person home, but the interior is mucho mucho better than the old apartment, except it doesn’t’ have a laundry machine or boiler. But I’m excited, I am going to have to build up my reputation again. I’m with this Elder Villanueva, he´s from Sonora and has the same time as Bante in the mission and I guess that here, people don’t make flour tortillas, its all corn, and by the way, I don’t know if I’ve said this but the ´´corn on a stick´´ on nacho libre does exist in Mexico and its very common. The corn tastes like the field corn and I imagine it is, and people love it - go figure that one.
Well I hope all is well up there with everything and everyone, I’m fine here

No comments:

Post a Comment