Yep, if i remember right, about this time last year I was in California, or Cole and I were making plans or something like that. The point of the fact is the time does go by really fast, its something amazing and scary and pressuring, to even think what will I do this time of the year next year, that the half of this escapade is already about there and the 2nd is always faster than the first. What I've learned is that we need to have an overall goal, to know of the future and be confident in it, but be focused in the moment of what we are doing to accomplish the thing in this moment, its like a phrase from Pres. Monson that I read a little while ago is that it doesn't require perfection but a steady consistent effort striving for the perfection.
Today were changes, my companion Elder Ortega was sent away to Tantauca, Veracruz, maybe that was an area part of Big Johns mission and I have another comp that is from the same generation as Elder Ortega, his name is Elder Murga. I've always been bigger than my comps by a long shot, but this elder might be bigger than me. He came in from a city called Valles and my trainer Elder Bante is a Zone leader there and sent me a tie with Elder Murga for my mision birthday for completing a year that was nice.
We had a huge upset this weekend, Friday night we were going to have an interview with and investigator that was going to be baptized and he was drinking outside of his house, it was like a nightmare seeing him drinking , and the day of the interview. It broke my heart to see him like that after the two weeks that he hadn't been drinking and how excited he was to be baptized and everything. But this chamucillo siempre anda and I imagine its how the pioneers felt a few times that just when everything started looking like there was hope, a blizzard came in, or had to cross a river another obstacle to climb. The life can be hard but you ´´just got to get back up and give er´one more ride sweat and blood it takes all you got cuz the road to heaven is a he[ck] of a ride´´ and it can be very true but also a beatiful ride.
Were going to focus in more with Karen's family, the girl we baptized in May, to complete the family and we have some references from some ward members that are looking great. We also need to find a house in our area, we've been living outside of the area and with two others, and one shower, its hard sometimes and we were going to look in to finding some bikes.
and lately ive been hooked on making liquadosof oats banana and milk for breakfast. I really like them, but yea its an adventure everyday, i love it
have a great week bye
Elder Hobbs
No comments:
Post a Comment