Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13

Thats too bad for Lamar, he was my home teaching companion for a little while in the ward, If I remember right, there´s an old country song about all my country hereos are gone, or something like that, Rusten would know what it is, I think its a Willie or a Waylon or Hank Williams song, but thats how I would feel, he will be missed. That is awesome that Valorie was here in Matamores, I think its a few hours away from here. And that's awesome that your memorizing section 4 Heston.

This week was pretty good. We put out a fire on Friday that was burning in the field across the street from where we were teaching a 15 yer old kid. The field was up in blaze and there is a little house in the middle and the fire started and when we noticed it got out of hand we ended the lesson, ran over and used the neighbors water and buckets to block out the fire from the little house in the middle. We saved the house and the field and some trees burned up and after the house was protected and we stopped worrying about it, the fireman showed up and we looked around and saw that all the neighbors in the community were watching, and watching the 3 of us save the house, a teenager and me and my comp, no time to bother helping us. That kind of upset me, to know that everyone knew but wasn't worried about it. that goes along with the idea of service. Then in the night, a member found us and drove us home and there was a car out of gas near a gas station that a young father was pushing into the gas station with traffic all over and his wife and kids in the car guiding it. I asked the member if we should stop and help, so he did and we helped him push it into the gas station and left. The member told us a story about a comedian who joked that when we dont want to do something, we close our eyes or something like that and expressed to us that thats how he felt at first when he saw the guy pushing the car, that he wanted to close his eyes and drive by, until we helped him open his eyes. That is something that sometimes we dont apply in the life. all around us we see, physically with our eyes that people need help, but sometimes we dont see with our hearts, to realize that equally they are children of our Father in Heavan and He loves them just as much as He loves us, and that His childeren need help, but thats how he can help them is through us. The sooner someone learns that principle in their life, the sooner they will be blessed and all of Gods childeren.
have a great week, bye

JUNE 6
I read in the last parts of the book of mormon this week, and in those the most powerful chapters of Ether 12 and Moroni 7, i encourage all to read those two, and really focus on Moroni 7 about the correlation between the faith and hope and charity, and basically you cant have one without the other and if we end our days without charity we wont have much hope to recieve the highest exaltation which God has for us.
I tell you these things because its what I've learned more about this week, the importance of being humble, and charitable and patient and that gifts are gifts and aren't necesarily earned as we would desire or imagine, but are given in the debido tiempo del Señor... I think that I developed lots of pride playing sports and growing up in the environment in which I did, and it has played a role in the bumpy roads that I've had in the mission, and maybe if I could rid of it, there wouldnt be so many bumpy roads to humble me down... but with the bitter times, it makes you appreciate the sweeter moments.

.. and yes im eating well, and I drink enough water, I maintain myself well, I started getting more concious about my health a little while ago, I bought a fat sweat belt to go around my waste about a month ago, and I think its worked, and I try to eat healthier. I'm taking care of myself so if you could all take care of my truck that'd be great.
love you bye

No comments:

Post a Comment