Today are changes, I'm staying here with my comp for a change more. Elder Merrill left, and his new companion is from Mexico, so I'm going to be the only white guy in the house. It is cool, it might help me forget my English. We had a good week for work, but as well lots of challenges have faced us and were trying to truck it through. As a mission we are doing a program of 90 days, it is called 90 days of consecration and were going to write down the 17 miracles that we´ll recieve if we are diligent and follow the plan and in a few weeks were going to watch the movie 17 miracles in interviews so that will be cool. We had a family of three and another guy in church on Sunday, that was a miracle, the family is progressing well and the guy, were excited for them. We are planning a few actions to take in the rama with the pres. de rama so that we can work better and things can happen.
It is amazing the scriptures say for small and simple things, great things come to pass, because its the truth, be it for good or for bad, and thats what should give us the drive to be diligent with the aspect of God and the gospel. it is necesary that every member reads the book of mormon and prays and reads. You cannot complete or magnify your calling without reading the scriptures and truly recieving direction from him. He is the only one that knows how to do His work, so we got to learn it from Him and be willing to do it. Its so sad to see members that have knowledge in the church, but yet dont want to serve, it means the knowledge they have, they dont comprehend it, because if it were that way, they would work, cuz they would know that they dont receive any reward after this life if they dont do anything productive for our Father in this life. Everything is based on the love we have for him and for others.
I love my mission and the opportunity to be here in Tantoyuca, I have never felt so meaningful in my life, I belong here, I have to do it and I really dont want to leave. I love you all alot and i just hope that you all understand the importance of being a doer of the word and not only a hearer or knower, there are so many blessings and miracles that can be recieved
Elder Hobbs
No comments:
Post a Comment