Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23

Guess what? I got the letter from Grandpa Val, it reminded me of all the scriptures in the BOM that talk about how when the BOM was going to come out and be translated that it would be like as if the words came out speaking from the dust, cuz thats what it seemed like when I read it, I felt more like it was a reassurance like talking to me that he went on and its alright because there is more after this life, even though it was addressed to his aunt talking about his uncle that had died. It was neat I liked reading it, it was like a little reminder from him like "hey im still here, ya better do wut yer supose to do" . I also got a letter from my good friend Cole Q, miss him! A DearElder from uncle Brad Hobbs, and by the way all that is going on with Alex´s mission is crazy awesome, to think that he is going where the Word has never really been, it will seem to be a bit harder than normal but the truth is it will be a really huge blessing for Alex and the people there, imagine the miracles that could happen. I'm excited for him and also slightly jealous, ha ha, hes a good kid.
I got the Christmas letter for the Nielsons, its awesome Mythanne got married, she looks really content in the picture, I'm happy for her. But the truth it seems weird its like everyone is growing up and moving on in life when it seems not too long ago that we were all in high school and Jake and Maisie and Jacee were little childeren and I about gagged when someone asked me a while back if I had brothers and sisters and how old they were and I said one is going to turn 19 and other 17! I was just there paciando.
We went into Tampico on Thursday night, we left at 6 and got there at 10:30, it was really late, there were security blocks in the freeway so it took an extra 1 1/2 hr to get in there. We had a follow up training meeting to do with the new misisoneros that we are training , I saw some good friends there, Elder Cook, Willmore, Murga and few others. And I got a huge exciting notice. A convert from Victoria is going through the temple on the 28th to be sealed for all time and eternity with her new return missionary husband. and I think I am going to be able to go to see it, I just need to find out at what time and the travel plans and use my own money to go in, I am going to be so excited if I can go. Elder Bante even might come up from Oaxaca to be there.
I found out that a family I had taught in Mante got baptized, a family of 4 and the grandparents are preparing to be baptised, and that 2 other references that I had given to other missionaries got baptized as well and that one of them I gave a card of Jesus Christ that has my name and my comps name on the back and she has it hanging up in her house, supposedly she is a great convert as well, I contacted her in the street in front of my house one day. Its really amazing how simple things that seem like they wont ever work out can turn up being huge miracles in peoples lives, it seems like there has been quite a few of those in the past year, moments where I feel like nothing is working, but keep going on and even if there isn't alot of hope I still do it, and then there is a big milagro around the corner, thats why we just got to keep on keepin on until the end. endure to the end, and with all diligence, trying to do as many small and simple things with the hope that something will come out of it.
I love you all and wish that you could all do your part completing the small and simple things, like read the bom, and magnify your callings
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment