Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27

Good afternoonn buenas tardes familia Hobbs y bienvenidos a todos que nos acompaƱan a conocer la potestad de la Mision Mexico Tampico en su gran Gloria.
Changes were anounced to us Sunday night at like 10pm, I got the phone call from President Call at 8:30 that he was changing me to a city close by Tampico to be Zone Leader again, so thats the new assignment, in la zona bosque. It took a long time to pack my bags, with the articles and books I've acquired in the mission and one of my suitcases probably weighed 100 lbs at least. I got 3 hours of rest in my bed with my missionary clothes on from packing and then having to get up at 4:30 to go buy a ticket for the bus so they wouldn't run out.

We werent able to get baptisms in, but I had some very special opportunities this week. I did divisions with my eldees and on Thursday we went into Tampico to listen to a training meeting with Elder Tenorio, the 2nd counselour of the Area Presidency and it was awesome, he shared some interesting stories about the power of prayer, thats what Pres. Call has tried to install in us lately is to have lots of faith and invoke the powers of the Heavens in the work. I loved the capacitation. and on the bus ride home, President Call called me to tell me my little grandma Sara from Victoria was going through the Temple on Saturday to recieve her endownment and that she had invfited and wanted me to attend. I had to pay for the bus rides and all that but it was way worth it. I cannot describe how I felt to see her and the whole thing was extremely special, I dont have time to write it all. The whole experience going to the temple and with her there to see her again and to kjnow that she being an old lady is enduring and doing what is necessary to achieve such a grand goal. It makes me cry to know about it.

Now I'm in Tampico, I said goodbye to some people and left my mark on the members and converts in Tantoyuca and this possibly is my last area and chance to do it.
I love the work and know that its the only true joy we can find in this life, to serve our Father
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment