Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6

We had a great week this week, quite a few miracles in our area with investigators. We have 3 baptisms planned for the 18th Roberto, Jose Isaac and Ana Karen. and we may be placing other fechas with Joses wife Areceli and the two sons of Roberto for the following week.
Roberto is a christian brother that is deciding to become a latter day saint, Im extremely excited for him. He´s about 38 and has 5 children from 19 to his two twin sons who are 14 and his wife died about 13 yrs ago, he´s single and is great. We found him the 11th or 12th of December in the nightime going home. I remember that that day we set a goal to do like 20 street contacts or something and all 9 that I had done were not looking promising at all, and that was if they accepted us. It was late, Sunday night, we needed to get home to pass the weekly numbers but I didnt want to go in the house until we got our goal, and with the suprising results, I contacted Roberto about 20 yds from arriving home and accepted to hear us even though he is/was a different religion and so we started working with him. He´s gone to church now 4 times, is reading in 1 Nephi 17 and has told us he believes the church is true and wants to be baptized by the priesthood because he understands that its necesary even though he was baptized yrs ago in his christian church. Last night we watched Joseph Smith: profet of the restorationg and he bore his testimony to us that he knows he was a profet of God and that the church is the only true church of God and it has been manifested unto him by the power of the Holy Ghost, it was awesome to hear him.

In these days, I've been changing the way I pray, being positive even through the strange trials that have happened here and recieving good impressions from our Father to help out these investigators and getting things going here in the rama, and our district. I love the work and dont want to leave this rama or the people here.
The mission is like a dream, my eyes have been opened to a world of power and miracles that I never knew existed before, even being born in the church. When we seek we find and if we apply and act when we find, God can make miracles and its more than astronaumical, its Godly. He is great.
I love you all I hope you all are doing well and repenting and reading the BOM and PMG so you know how to be instruments in our Makers hands and help Him help others out and you all can feel His love through His service.
My love and deepest desire of your well being be with you all
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment