Good afternoon familia Hobbs,
I have just had a wonderful time here in the mission, I love my area. We had another baptism, a 19 yr old named Max, his sister got baptized in December, so now it was his turn. They've had a really rough last 4 yrs in their lives and the Gospel has been such a blessing for them, Max was living wherever doing whatever before having a rough life and now started living with his sister a little while ago and was a little stubborn in accepting the Gospel for a while but finally accepted it and now the big hype is that he is going to be a missionary! We constantly are having great experience and seeing miracles, sometimes I feel like I could be Peter from the New Testament, I am learning alot about priesthood authority and the Holy ghost through personal experience, its miraculous I just can't help but think in the scriptures that say, "and these signs shall follow those that believe: in my name they shall cast out demonios, heal the sick........." theres lots, but thats all whats going on here. I just read the book our legacy, I've really loved it learning about the church history and events that have happened, I bought a church movie a while back called "The book of mormon, a rare posesion" and I loved it, it has great stories about the power of the book of mormon and it makes you reflect on how much you would go through for your own testimony.
We got changes, Elder Snow got changed to go up to Victoria to be a zone leader there and I got Elder Camarillo from Puebla, who I have already lived with before in the mission in Ciudad Mante, we were in the same ward together, we are super excited for these next few changes. Our zone did alright this change and its going to go up alot more.
I've been really consistent with exersising, I haven't drank cafenated beverages for over 3 months and I've gone more than a month with out and soda pop and I'm eating healthier and I've honestly felt a huge increase in recognizing the spirit and feeling it, and if you recognize it and act on it, you have more success, my testimony has been so strengthened in every commandment in the church, im contemplating never drinking pop again, but I havent made a for sure decision yet.
Read Alma 37 for family home evening and discuss the importance of doing small and simple things and the importance of following the spirit and the Book of Mormon. and share what most makes you happy
Elder Hobbs
No comments:
Post a Comment