Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 30th



We find ourselves here once again after 22 months of being gone.  on a computer, in mexico, but there  is airconditioning in this internet room, so its all good, I can write tranquilamente my carta semanal to my familia.
I imagine that youve recieved the news, that im going home the 25th, on a Monday because the Church and its leaders have decided that its prudent cuz the new Mission President is coming in the same week and lots of new missionaries and so it would be extremely busy to try to get everything taken care of and sent home at the same time.  I gave the secretary of the misison the email of jojomama so if you havent recieved the emails from him about whats going on, let me know. or get ahold of him.

I find myself in a particuliar situation,  I have 22months, Im going home in a few, and Pres. Call as well and the big hype going on is that we got to work hard and go out with a bang and leave this misison alot better.  I just feel that I have to finish even stronger than I have been, I set goals to finish the book of mormon, D&C, perla de gran precio and the new testament before the end I'm on track reading enough and where im going in those books and to memorize 2 scriptures everyweek and 1 hymn.  We started up a 60 day consecration in the zone to "consecrate" us more to the work and to help us accomplish our goals.  I just wonder why I haven't set so many goals in the past.... I gues you learn as you go, thats life.

We all have a calling as we enter in the church, every member missionary and we will all be accountable in the end for what we have done and not done with this calling.  There are sins of comission, sins of omission and sins of "no mission".  Lets not be Sunday goers and engañarnos a nosotros mismos, sino vivir la palabra y el compromiso que hemos aceptado al bautizarnos.  Que les vaya bien y que magnifiquen sus llamamientos de ser misioneros.
Elder Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment