Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Great Week!

Ya things do seem to go by quicker every week. We have this week
and one more until the exchanges. More than likely one of us is
going to go and one is going to stay. It would be nice to change
and start fresh in an area but I don’t want to leave some of the
people like our little grandma Sara and her family, I want to see
them all change. Its a toss up, I´m really not worried about it
I´m down fo whateva, I got my berreta and bought a new sweater.
It’s been pretty cold in the mornings and chills down a little in
the nights. Some days are worse than others but overall its still
hot during the day.

I kind of really stick out like a sore thumb. And I´m pretty famous
by now, particularly in this one street. Something to know is that
there´s always kids in the streets running around and in this one
street, at one end the kids call me John Cena so I make the hand
gestures of John Cena and the kids eat it up. At the other
end of the street the kids call me English teacher cuz when we wait
for their parents to come out of the house they ask me to teach them.
Thursday nights some ward members get to together and play
volleyball and missionaries can go if they bring investigators, so
we usually try. But this week we showed up with some earlier and
played thoccer before volleyball started and I dominated on them.
I beat them at their own game and afterwards my comp told me
that I´m a train. where we play is a small cement basketball court
and under the hoops is the soccer goal, its how they roll down here,
cement basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court all in one.

Our third comp got special transfers to Tampico until he receives his
gringo comp.

We have a pretty cool reference that we’re looking forward to.
We were on a micro one day that we´ve never had to go to the
comida and noticed that an Hermana in the ward was on and
began talking with her when out of no where a lady next to us
que tiene 30 anos mas o menos con un bebe that looked about
1 and a half old began slunching over and she started having a
seizure. The bus driver stopped and asked what was happening
and after 1 min he began his course through the city while the
lady was still having a seizure and people looked at her
and then went back to sitting and talking. No body was helping the
situation but the Hermana and us. Bante took the baby that was
screaming his lungs out and the Hermana was telling what to
do to help her help the woman. It was crazy. then after a while
of her having the attacks she stopped and was limp and dang
near was acting dead had it not been for stomach moving gasping
for air. Then the driver finally decided to stop and we searched for
identifications numbers and called the ambulance but only after
10 to 15 minutes of a baby screaming and woman having a seizure.
After a while she came to conscious but was lost you could see it
in her eyes and she could move more than her head. We gave her
a blessing and after a little while began coming back together in her
head and the by the time the ambulance showed up she was able
to walk and climb in and they took her and the baby. It was crazy
and it really upset us that no one else on the bus was
worried about it and the bus driver kept driving and some chavos in
the back were laughing. The Lord put the Hermana and us in the
position for that to happen that she could live. But it felt good to
use the priesthood in a time when it was needed and to be ready to
serve.

Well love you all, I just opened up some raman noodle soup
last night with peanut butter crackers and I loved it. Have fun
talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment