Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28th

Its just about the final countdown for Saren, I´ll have to send her a message. This week was extraordinary. It started out slow, and then Tuesday in the morning I got bit by a dog at the house of a investigator, the dog was asleep and we didn’t see it until it woke up and started barking at us and my comp ran away and I was holding my ground and wasn’t going to back down to it cuz it appeared to look like a blue heeler and it bit me right below the knee cap and then the lady was all sad and felt bad and took the dog away and got out alcohol and cotton she cleaned the wound for me, It was just teeth marks, it barely broke the skin and it didn’t pierce my pants so I´ll be fine - hopefully she´ll be baptized

Then Wednesday was one of the best days that I’ve had in Tampico, we found a couple that is ready to find the truth and will be baptized, and it was a great day, and when we got home at night I called Hermana Call to tell her I got bit by a dog, just got over the cold I had over the weekend and that I have a nasty ingrown toenail (on the other foot than the one I originally had before the mission) and what I should do, she told me to mark the assigned doctor and go in and get it taken care of but I told her I would rather operate on it than someone else and she gave me some instructions of what I could do to help it so I’m following that right now.

And then Thursday in the morning while we were studying President Call called me and told me I was getting re-assigned immediately the same day to go to Mante so I packed my bags, he came by and picked me up I hung out with him for a little while in the day, I ate subway with him and his wife and he dropped me off at the bus station and sent me up here. It was fun! I guess there had been problems with a missionary that was training a greeny so he took him out of there and switched him with me and put the missionary with my old comp Elder Palestino. So now I’m here in Mante, walking around in what feels like an oven. It seems alright, the area is alright and the people seem great, there´s 4 of us in the ward Elder Young and his comp Elder Alvarez, my new comp Elder Ortega and I, Elder Young is the district leader, He´s from pleasant Grove and is a wrestler, actually he wrestled Trae Bennett one year at the state tournament, and his comp and my comp are new and just completing 2 months in the mission. Its great, we’re all getting along well and the changes are today, Elder Goff is coming in to Mante to be our Zone Leader so maybe I´ll see hím around, and Elder Cook is out in a Pueblito and is in our district so I´ll start seeing him on Mondays again, that’s been funny that we´ve basically been seeing each other all of our mission and were comps in the MTC.
So time is going by fast, I hope Saren is fine and does well, I was just thinking about Dan Atkinson the other day and figured he´d be home, tell him hi from me and write me a note.
Have fun and be good at home and read your scriptures and visit people that don’t go to church bye

No comments:

Post a Comment