Friday, April 8, 2011

Sam in Mante

Well the week has been alright, we found a lot of people and here in Mante the people accept us more and we put some baptismal dates in the first lessons so it’s gone well. This area has a history of problems, about all the misioneros that have been here have been bad and the ward attendance was about 30 or 40 until Elder Young got there a little while back and now its about 70 so were going up. I’m really excited about it all supposedly there’s hundereds of members in the ward but hardly anyone has come to church for a while. President made them change houses the day that I came in cuz supposedly the other house had problems and bad spirits and the misioneros that have entered when they’ve arrived usually end up getting problems so we moved houses and pres said the work wont start til we get moved and when it starts its going to go off like a bomb, that Mante is ready to explode with success and I feel like it really is, we’ve already seen fruits of our labors and we'll have some baptisms here in a little time. We had four investigators at conference it was cool, and yes I watched in English, except the last session with Jeffrey R Holland I sat with the investigators in Spanish but its all good, I liked it.

My toe is getting better and I hardly have a bruise from the dog bite, and yes the ring of fire card came. Elder young’s comp, Elder Alvarez is Cole Quartuccios twin brother, they look exactley like each other and have similar mannerisms, its fun it makes me feel like my little buddy is with me. Get Cole to send me a foto of him and I´ll send one of this missionary and we´ll compare them ok!
I have 9 months as a missionary. The movies that you sent of Joseph Smith is only in English and that doesn’t help investigators much!
Some members are more willing to pull their hand cart in the snow than they are willing to talk to their friends or coworkers about the church, how about you all work on that one OK?
have a great week bye,

No comments:

Post a Comment