Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 2

That is exciting about Tucker coming next Wed. I cant wait to run into him here. One of my comp's cousin is in here too and we have the same feeding schedule so they usually talk each day. Its fun to run into people here, its a small world. I'm glad you told me about Tuck I was going to ask when he comes I couldn't remember. I'm going to go see if I can request to be his escort. I see Brock Ballif every now and then, another kid I played little league football up in North Ogden with, and a few other Elders I know from school.
It's really weird to think about life on the outside world of the MTC, it just seems normal and natural here. The food started out seeming great but as time's gone by it's lost its taste. It all seems the same just with a different name each day. It seems like we do the same thing day in and day out so anything out of the ordinary day is a huge event. Like today is P day, we get to do laundry, clean the room, write letters and stuff and our zone gets a new district. Just the concept of seeing new missionaries with their orange dots on their tag is cool. Last week I literally vacumed and scrubbed the whole room down on pday, it seemed so grimey i was freaking out. There were nasty booger stains on the walls from previous elders, I about barfed scrubbing those off, really you don't even know the half of it. \
I write in the journal every night, its hard to fit everything onto one page. I like alot of the equipment we got for my mission, it works out. Those plastic things you sent was not at all what I meant by the collar extensions. If I think about it I can't eat with those white shirts on I want to gag when my adams apple is compressed from the collar.
"Everyone here seems too nice, it's weird. But I guess they're just trying to develop christlike attributes like were suppose to, like everyone in the church is suppose to. I don't think about normal life very often but when I do it seems different and foreign. It's seems like missionary life is so established that normal life is not right.
Yes i figured out the laundry and its fun. I couldn't find those dryer fabric softener things you put in the baggy. But we get six dollars a week on our mission cards and I can buy those in the laundry room with that. 5 of the missionaries in our district are leaving to Lima Peru next week, 3 sisters and 2 elders. So our District is going to be pure Tampico Mexicans, the 7 of us.
If you could find a Mexico soccer jersey that would be awesome to send. I'm going to write a letter to you guys and send it on Friday with some pictures. I don't remember if I told you but wednesdays is P day obviously and we're only suppose to write stuff Wednesdays. I'm trying to follow all the rules and be obedient, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment